40 Marketing and Promotion Ideas for Your Business
It can seem like quite a daunting task to market and promote a website and or business. What with so so many different things a website or business can do today to market and promote itself online. So to help you with that, I've wrote down these 40 Marketing and Promotion Ideas for Your Business. Which you can definitely do and then see significant results from doing them. And if one isn't working for you, then you simply just need to do it differently! Or, just try something else instead.
Old School Marketing Basics
1. Figure out your position in the market you're in by conducting competitor analysis.
2. Create a brandable image or avatar that people can identify you with.
3. Entail potential clients and customers by cold entailing them.
4. Create a referral program that your clients can use to generate more business with.
5. Develop a website that strategically works for you 24/7/365.
6. Get testimonials from past happy clients and share them on your social media sites.
7. Keep bridges built with past clients by sending them occasional thoughtful gifts.
8. Promote your business offline by leaving flyers and posters about it at coffee shops etc.
Community Collaboration Basics
9. Generate some buzz about your business by hosting or co-hosting a webinar.
10. Cross promote your business or products with a Biz Bestie "your business' best friend!)
11. Get seen by commenting on other blog posts, Facebook posts, Instagram posts etc etc.
12. Team up and collaborate with non-competitors to share your circles with theirs.
13. Find an industry leader and ask them to refer their waiting list to you.
14. Show your value as a business by finding discussion boards in your niche and posting on them.
15. Build buzz and awareness by hosting a workshop or some other in-person event.
Social Media Marketing Basics
16. Reach out and establish profiles on all the top social media sites but remain focused on the top 3.
17. Make sure you have at least a Facebook business page and an official Twitter account.
18. Always list out your business' details, contact options, intentions, motto etc on your Facebook page.
19. Join Facebook groups in your niche and answer the questions that people ask in those groups.
20. Be awesome and share and tweet/retweet other peoples tweets and things on Twitter.
21. Search Twitter for questions related to your business and try to answer them helpfully.
22. Create a Pinterest account and create boards that are related and relevant to your niche.
23. Create high quality graphics and images for Pinterest and link them to your products, subscription pages etc.
24. Develop a strong strategy on those social media sites where you can focus on 1-3 of them.
Content Marketing Basics
25. Create lists and how-to blog posts that are relevant and specific to your niche.
26. Create 101 guides for the noobs in your niche and use call to actions to get them to do something after.
27. Provide free content and resources to people and offer content in other ways (eg; PDF, slides, podcasts etc).
28. Be sure to send out weekly and monthly entails and updates about your business, site or products.
29. Create upbeat videos that talk about your business, product or services and share everywhere.
30. Take people on a "behind the scenes" tour of your business in a video or in person.
31. Blog about some work in progress you have going on right now such as with some exclusive client.
32. Be visually pleasing and helpful by making your content digestible in other ways through infographics, photos, icons etc.
Promotional Marketing Basics
33. Make sure that your content can be easily shared across all social media sites you use.
34. Host challenges to and advertise them to get people to take part within them.
35. Bundle allinone versions of your products or services instead of selling individually.
36. Host flash sales or even offer PWYC's (Pay What You Can) for some of your products or services.
37. Always have promotional material like flyers, leaflets and business cards on you all the time.
38. Offer unique and exclusive gifts and offers to the people that subscribe to you or share your content.
39. Host giveaway events where you give away something for free to someone for some participating in something.
40. Come up with a unique #hashtag that when used will give people a chance of getting a discount code or something.
Of course, when it comes to marketing and promotion, it's kind of like SEO, it's always changing and forever shifting. What used to work before doesn't always work as well today. Some things do work better, or you can reinvent the wheel! That's just a matter of picking one of these things and adapting it in your own way. Making it work better and work for you. But these are just 40 marking and promotional tips for small businesses and websites to adopt today to increase chances of success with!
Do you use any or all of these marketing and promotion tips?
What other marketing and promotion tips for small businesses do you know of?