Write the reason you're deleting this FAQ
Some Mad Crazy Internet Facts and Stats about the Internet
Do you know the Internet? Do you really know the Internet? Do you know what goes on every day or even every second on and through the Internet? Did you know there are approximately 3.5 billion Internet users
in the world right now? That accounts for about 50%
of the entire worlds population of people!
- How much typing do freelance writers do by mile?
For an average busy freelancer writer, his/her fingers travel at about 12.6 miles every single day. That's about 65 miles a week, or 250 miles a month just in typing.
- How fast do you think Google is?
A single search query that uses approximately 1000 super computers can retrieve and return with results in approximately 0.2 seconds.
- Why is Facebook in blue?
You might not know this one but apparently Facebook has a blue colour scheme because Mark can't see in red and green.
- Who sent the first email?
The first email sent was sent was way back 46 years ago in 1971 by Raymond Samuel "Ray" Tomlinson a pioneering American programmer who set up the first email system on ARPANET.
Okay that's just some basic stuff. What really happens every second on the Internet?
Every second on the Internet;
- eBay has about $700 worth of sales in transactions.
- Amazon have about $3500 in sales transactions.
- Over 25,000 emails are sent.
- Amazon ships 35 products.
- Netflix stream over 1300 hours of video.
- There are approx 25 Uber rides.
- There's about 2200 Skype calls.
- There's about 123,000 YouTube videos viewed.
- There's about 55,000 Google searches.
- There's about 1200 new Tumblr posts are made.
- There's about 25 WordPress posts are created.
- There's about 15 new social media users.
- There's about 6 new Facebook profiles made.
- There's about 2 new LinkedIn profiles made.
- There's about 470,000 Facebook Likes.
- There's about 7500 Tweets tweeted.
- There's about 170 new Pinterest pins pinned.
- There's about 4800 Snapchat snaps snapped and shared.
- There's about 310 new Reddit upvotes made.
- There's about 750 Instagram photo uploads.
- There's about 30,000 Instagram photo likes.
- There's about 5,000 Whatsapp messages sent.
Just think, that's just every second. Think about every minute or every hour, day, week, month etc. It's just insanely mind blowing our insatiable need and want to do these things as Internet users.
Here's a couple interesting facts about the Internet (or at least about Amazon and Facebook).
Amazon went down in 2014 for a while, about 50 minutes. And they lost out on a whopping $4.8 billion in sales revenue.
Want to block Mark Zuckerburg on Facebook? You can't, it's not possible to do so.
I guess this is where I ask you what other mind blowing facts you know about the Internet.
But I'll just ask, did you know about any of these?
And are you responsible for making those numbers up?