SEOClerks

What is called the dark web and deep web??



Enter a reason for deleting this comment

What is called the dark web and deep web??

The surface web is only about 4% of the total, surface web contain google,Wikipedia,bing and all other sites we visit daily. The other 96% belong to deep web.

The "dark web" is the encrypted network that exists between Tor servers and their clients, we can not access them through a normal web browser.
To access dark web, you can use Tor browser.
Dark web contains mostly the illegal stuff, so it is recommended not to access without a good knowledge about it.

Deep web is also hidden, it contain stuff like medical records,academic info,databases,government resources, and other important records. But there may be illegal sites too.....
it is advised not to access these sites without a proper understanding, because there may be sites which may steal your privacy, or damage your computer.
To be safe always turn off java script of the tor browser.

Comments

Please login or sign up to leave a comment

Join
idealmike

You know, it's funny, but if you ask people what the Internet is to them, they'll probably say, erm Facebook! And for a lot of people, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google etc etc are what the Internet is to a lot of people today! And most people that use the Internet only ever use these such sites. Social media, social networking sites and Google/Bing/Yahoo search engines and that's about it! Next to some shopping sites like eBay, Amazon, Etsy etc. And for the most part, that's about all the websites you need to use for most people next to sites like SEOClerks! What is called the dark web and deep web??

But there is that other side of the Internet, the deep dark net. A place that can only be accessed through an onion. Not not an shallot! But Tor Browser which uses an onion relay which is basically just a sophisticated way of staying anonymous when using the dark net. Imagine if you will, how an onion works. You have all these different layers which are basically IP addresses, all laid on top of each other so many times that it's usually very hard to know what the original IP is. That can keep you protected online when visiting/using some dark net sites. But you also need to do other stuff like disable flash, disable javascript, disable cookies, tracking etc and even not maximise the window so they don't even know what your screen size is. And I said hard but it's not impossible. There is always a way of finding out the original source IP address if you know how and have the technology available to do it.

Bear that in mind if you're even using the dark net. Not that you'd ever really need to use it...



Enter a reason for deleting this comment

Sino989

This is a very good explanation of the deep web, good work. Some people think that ONLY illegal stuff is on the deep web, well a lot of it is consisting of illegal stuff there is also some very cool things on the deep web too, but you should still be very careful on in because there are hackers everywhere!



Enter a reason for deleting this comment

Raja0803

The deep web is the web that exists in places that can not be accessed by search engines. It contains databases,dynamic content.some forums,sites have never been spidered, and any other content that google and company have not listed.
the dark web is any web like network that uses proprietary protocols or requires special software to access. There are several sush networks, TOR and freenet being most popular.



Enter a reason for deleting this comment

overcast

It's called deep web or the dark web because it is not accessible by other people simple HTTP or HTTPS address. The dark web has the tor and the onion links. And these links are to be properly accessible through the Tor. So if you know how to use Tor then surely it'd be something to consider for accessing the content. I have yet to manage the tor on my desktop. Once I installed on office machine and tried to access onion links. So it's not really a good idea for accessing deep web at home. It can be troublesome.



Enter a reason for deleting this comment

Corzhens

Gee, this is a great discovery for me that there are hidden websites in the internet. This is actually the first time that I’ve heard of Dark Web and Deep Web. I know that there are private websites which cannot be accessed and maybe created for a private communication. But I didn’t know that there are so many of them. In the future, perhaps there will be a division between sites that can be accessed and sites that cannot be accessed by ordinary browsers.



Enter a reason for deleting this comment