By joining, you agree to SEOClerks Terms of Service, as well as to receive emails from us.
The largest SEO marketplace in the world
Find all the software to suit your computing needs
Can't find what you're looking for? Create it
Trade skills with others
Enter a reason for deleting this comment
Hello everyone ^^.
I'm new here and absolutely new at this kinda thing.
Is there any tips that can be shared for a newbie?
Well done and good on you for taking the first step to success! Posting and asking questions on the Community FAQ here. Because when you ask questions, you get answers, and with answers come knowledge and knowledge is power!
Tronia has definitely pointed you in the right direction. It's all about getting yourself out there and getting known about. And the good thing about freelancing is that those first initial clients you get, they can go on to become lifetime clients!
But to help you even more, I actually wrote a post you should see a little while back here: How New Sellers Can Get Started on SEOClerks and Ways to Increase Sales and Success. And also read: How To Become a Successful Power Seller on SEOClerks!?
Those should help you even more but also check out the old posts here as well by searching the faq for stuff related to selling and freelance and you should find a lot of helpful stuff that can help you along the way!
Hope this helps and good luck!
Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Thank you for sharing the great tips and the related posts. I am not a freelancer here, but I am interested to find out more and know if I can be a freelancer here. I will definitely check out the posts you mentioned, and read around. This community is really very helpful, as I have been learning a lot from everyone here.
As a freelancer, you want to focus on advertising your services as much as possible. Advertise everywhere - blogs, forums, sites, ... Also, put some attention on building your reputation and networking. The better reputation you have, more clients will turn to you and you will also have plenty returning customers as well.
Or maybe look at getting into Google Adwords but it might be a bit complicated if you are a complete beginner.
yes. i'm a complete beginner. i will try to do the first one
I agree with Tronia.
You need to identify your target audience. Social media advertising can be very helpful, but you need to be aware of the age range of your potential customers, for instance, baby boomers and gen X tend to use Facebook whereas, for millennials, Instagram and Twitter are trendy now. Teenagers love Snapchat, but, to be honest, I don't know if it's possible to advertise on that particular social media.
I agree. Social media is a first step for newbies when it comes to advertising. Also, he can put up a blog which is absolutely free and put his items or business there and then share it to other websites or as what you've said, to social medias. But yeah, you should have a target audience first before anything else.
As a buyer here are some things I look for:
1. Does the service title match the service description? There are lots of services on here that say contradicting things. I like to know exactly what it is I'm getting, and don't want to have to contact a seller to confirm.
2. Is the service description well written? Many sellers I buy from don't speak English natively. When choosing between 2 similar services, I go with the seller who seems to have a better grasp of English, unless there is some other reason not to. This way I can be more confident the service description is accurate.
3. How do their estimated and average delivery times compare? I look for sellers who offer reasonable estimated delivery times, and have an average that is slightly below it. This shows me that they are good judge of how long it takes to complete their work, and that they aren't overestimating their abilities. An average delivery time that is far below the estimated delivery time is a turn off, because it can indicate a lack of confidence in their abilities. An average delivery time that is above the estimated delivery time is a turn off, because depend on delivery deadlines to be met.
4. Do they have any late orders? If I see a single late order in progress, I buy from someone else. That doesn't mean I won't buy from them in the future though, if they seem like a good seller.
5. When did they last log in? I try to find sellers who have logged in today, or at least 1 day ago.
6. What do previous buyers say? I never check recommendations, but I do read purchase feedback. Lots of negative feedback, positive feedback that just says "thanks", and lots of sequential purchases from a single buyer, are all turn offs. I also like to see how the seller has responded to negative feedback.
7. How many orders are in progress? I don't like to buy from sellers who have lots of orders in progress, unless they note in their service description an approximate volume they can handle.
8. Have I bought from them recently? For certain types of services (eg: youtube, twitter) I try to avoid purchasing too frequently from the same seller, because if there is an issue down the road (eg: dropped views), the effect will be less widespread. It's an avoid-putting-all-my-eggs-in-one-basket thing.
9. Does their profile picture look professional? Stretched pics, fake pics, random pics, and poorly made business pics are turn offs. Portraits, drawn portraits, company logos, service related logos, are all turn ons.
I look for sellers who seem to: know what they are doing, do a good job.
This is also my question. I have a drop shipping website where I sell lingerie products. I launched my website about two month ago. I get decent traffic even though the site is new. However, I have been unable to sell any items. I have facebook page for my website where I have good numbers of followers. I also share my products on twitter, however, the conversion is zero. I have read a lot of things on how to sell products, however, my knowledge does not seem working.
I think the main requirement for selling product is patience. You cannot make money online overnight.
I agree with all of these posts. Just advertise as much as possible and try your hardest to get your name out there.
The first important thing to attract your buyers is the visibility. As much they see it they will get attractive more than ever. You should share the links to your product pages on social media along with attractive titles. You should concentrate on the quality of your product as it will help you to keep the loyal visitors.
Never cheat with your buyers as they are the main source of your earning. Always provide the services or products that you promised to them.
It is a must to know our target audience. If you want to get your targeted audience then you can get it from social media. You should write the quality description of products so the buyer would be more attracted toward your products. Maintain the quality of product and provide all those things that other competitors are not offering.
The best way to attract your buyer as a business man is through branding using attractive logos and packaging. Also you can give promotions and advertisements. Making your customers satisfaction your priority.
Promotions are amazing. I wasn't aware of the impact some offers, sales, and promotions have, until my sister did it with her business. She got the suggestion by an influencer, so she started by doing 5-10% off on some items, also made a contest promo by tagging other customers, and sales and followers grew up more than 15%. I highly recommend doing some promos, you will see the results faster than with any other method.
Create a portfolio website even if it is with a free blogging platform. Check wordpress and blogger. And again, try and create a page for your service on facebook. Subscribe and offer assistance to as many people as possible.
Every new, you should have a through market analysis. For a business that aims to be sold, part of that is determining who potential acquirers might be. It's a good idea to look around the space and see what kinds of transactions are out there. Some businesses are easier to sell than others, and most have competitors that would also be willing to entertain an offer.
Wow, this has some really good tips, glad I looked this post! As a new freelancer, one thing for sure you have to take in consideration is the target. You need to understand the target needs in order to make a profitable service/product.
I would say a quick way to attract buyers is with advertising andpromotions! all the way. I mean, as a buyer I instantly click the button when I
read there's a promotion even if sometimes I get disappointed on it. But the
thing is I get to enter the site and look for the promotion. I make traffic in
the site and for a newbie even that it’s important. You need to create traffic
and people to look at your site and that eventually would lead them to buy your
To attract customers to your services you need content marketing, which is very essential in attracting buyers.
Your goal is to create awareness and make sure that your solution meets the buyers’ need when they’re ready to make a decision.
According to data from Google and Shopper Science’s Zero Moment of Truth report, consumers in 2011 consulted an average of 10 sources before making a buying decision. That’s up 100% from five sources in 2010
One way is to create informational articles.
Social network users are constantly sharing, curating and consuming informational content. Often, the headline or a short
description of the content appears on the social network together with a link to view the content on a company website.
Try as much as you can to identify with the target audience that is interested in buying the type of services you offer so that it would be easier for you to sell. One thing about bringing your services to those that would be in need of it is that it would make your sales easier and also go along way in ensuring that you can relate with the clients you have come in contact with over time.
I agree with the comments above that you need to advertise your service or product not just inside the marketplace but also outside. My suggestion is social media because more likely you have an account in Facebook and Twitter. Concoct a good spiel that will attract the readers to check on your wares and post it in Twitter and Facebook. You can also ask for their comments about your spiel if it is good enough or needs improvement.