Hey everyone! I need some advice, here. I'm looking for a good free chat room, where I can invite some folks to get together for an hour for a topic-focused chat. Third-party is fine. I'm not trying to develop my own system, just need a simple, free, no-hassle meet-up spot.
Here's what I need:
1. Free would be preferred, but very very cheap would be considered.
2. Can hold up to 100 people
3. Ad-free would be nice, but it's not necessary. If there are ads, no porn.
4. Embeddable on my site would be great.
5. I need text-only for this one, but I'd love some input on video chat, as well.
7. No registration required. Meaning that my users chat as guests without having to create an account.
I've got a temporary test room set up on e-chat.co right now. I've got it embedded on my own website, so there aren't any of their site's ads showing. That's nice. I think I'll be able to hold up to 100 people in there. It doesn't specify anywhere at e-chat.co how many users I can have in one room, but there do seem to be a LOT of guests chatting at once in some of their rooms that I spied on.
The only problem that I've found so far is that my little test room is not so great on mobile. I think it'll work pretty well on desktop.