Enter a reason for deleting this comment
How to optimize Article of a wordpress blog - Part 2
In this tutorial I'll continue from part - 1 (https://www.seoclerks.com/forum/th...log-part-1.2604/). In other words, I'll talk about tricks and tip to optimize description of an article. Title is like outer wrapper to description. If user/visitor likes outer cover than only visitor will see or read what is inside that wrapper. So, I assume after reading first installment of this tutorial everyone understand how they can give proper title for a article. Before I start explaining about ways to optimize a description, let me discus about what does a description mean and it's importance in SEO.
is heart of an article
. If article doesn't contain description then article is dead (useless). If heart isn't functioning properly then you can't be healthy and prosperous, that is, if description is not well written
or not optimized then you website will suffer
. I've seen many sites, which has great and eye-catchy title, but they don't do well. The reason behind it is, they don't have good conten
t ! Just imagine, if you go to a site with very high expectation and then you see many grammatical mistakes
or content isn't good enough. Will you go to that site again ? or will you read that article till the end ? No, right ? It will increase your bounce rate
! In my previous tutorials I've already discussed about disadvantage of high bounce rate
. So, make sure your article description is well written and optimized
Now, I guess you understand what does a description mean for an article and it's importance in SEO
or for growth of a site
. Let me share few tips
which will help you to write optimized description for an article on your/others blog.
- Understand Search Engine : Every search engine has there own algorithm to index and rank a article. I don't mean understand their algorithm, as it is hidden from us. I'm telling you to observe ! Some search engines uses metadata tags to access relevant content. So, start using meta description.
- Customize Meta Description : By default, All in One SEO plugin will put first few sentences of your article in meta description tag. But first few sentences can be introductory part of your article, so it will not be useful for SEO. You have write your own meta description tag which will have keywords and repeating keyword phrases.
- Know Your Keywords : You have to keep on adding new keywords which are related to your site/blog niche. Use keywords quite often in your article. Whenever you add new keyword, try to use it more often than older keywords, as old keywords are already indexed by search engines. Now, you want to attract users using newer keywords.
- Reiterate keywords : Your article description should contain at least 20% of keyword density. Use keyword phrases repeatedly in your description. You don't have to repeat same word/phrase, you can use synonyms of a word and use that phrase/keyword. For example, in this tutorial mostly I reiterate optimizing article description. It is a keyword phrase for this tutorial.Note: Make sure you don't go beyond 30% of keyword density, otherwise it is considered as blackhat and search engines might punish you for that.
- Use Long Keyword Phrases : With new penguin 2.0 update, you have to choose your keyword phrase wisely. Earlier short 2-3 word keywords used to yield great results, but after the latest improvement a keyword phrase with 4-5 words have an edge ! So, try to concentrate on long keywords which make proper sentence.
- Understand Internet user Psychology : Internet users tend to search specific phrases, but not abstract words. For example, user would search "How to optimize my wordpress blog article" or "tricks to improve my article writing". Most user don't search with a query like "wordpress blog optimize article". It is broken phrase were user is typing only keywords to look for article. So, make sure you don't write broken phrase which looks good for robot or crawler.
- Don't Over use Font Colors : If a article is using many colors, then people might say it is colorful and looking good to eyes. But the fact is, not many people like many colors in a well written article. So, try not to use many colors while writing an article. Use them optimally.
- Highlight Keywords : Whenever you use keyword in your description try to quote it or make it look bold. You can do it by using bold (<b>) or quote (<quote>) tag. Also, try to use h3/h4 tags for very very important keywords in a description.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing : Keyword stuffing is technique were user repeats his/her keyword for more than 40-50% of the times ! That means, every alternate word will be a keyword. It doesn't make sense to do it, as viewers will not like reading a article which is written in this way and search engines like google and bing can catch these tricks ! They can punish your site for using keyword stuffing trick.
- Never Hide Keywords : Some webmasters, tend to use same color for there font and background, that is make text invisible to user. Mostly these hidden text has keywords. It does help you in increasing keyword density in an article, but it is considered as illegal and bad practice in SEO. So, try to avoid using same color for foreground and background.
your article for SE will greatly increase its chance of being viewed
and/or cited in other's work
. It means you might get FREE backlinks
. I hope this article was useful and had something new for you to learn about optimizing an article
in your blog. I'll come back with last part (optimizing images in a blog)
of this triology
soon. So, stay tuned !!