Need .edu link builder, preferably U.S based
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work 15-20 hours a week from home and is a total self-starter. For the right person, this might turn into a full time job.
To start with, you will be expected to do email and phone based outreach link building. Here are some resources explaining outreach link building in more detail -
There are 3 kinds of websites we want our sites to be added as a "resource" to - the first are .edu's (colleges and university websites), the second are libraries and the third are blogs and websites related to our sites' niche. Here is an example library resource page -
The steps needed to achieve this outcome are:
1. You will research online or call up these institutions and find out the names, email and phone numbers of the decision makers and record this information in an excel file (template will be provided).
2. You will send out emails to them (format will be supplied).
3. You will call each person in your list (to follow up about your email) and try and develop a cordial long term professional relationship with them and explain why you think our website will be a valuable resource for them to add to their resource section. This step is the most crucial - how you build up trust and how well you convince (sell) them will determine your success rate. This will require some tact on your part.
4. You will continue to follow up with them on phone/email till our link is live on their website.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Research relevant and inspiring subjects for stories and articles
- Shortlist writers on eLance or similar with the required writing skills or write the articles yourself
- Outsource articles to these writers/write them on your own, while ensuring quality is maintained
- Send these articles as guest posts to the bloggers you have developed relationships with (content for link exchange)
- Passion for Online Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written English, great interpersonal skills, independent work style, minimum supervision, ability to take direction
- Proficient with social media
- Strong research, writing and communications skills, a firm grasp of English grammar
- Resourceful and persistent -- you can multi-task and you make sure things get done
- Affinity for keeping information organized and tracking details.
- Enjoys meeting and talking with new people
- Ability to work 15-20 hrs/week
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude are non-negotiable.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
If you are interested please email me with your resume and phone number and we can discuss next steps.
Type of link: Link should be displayed on resource page of .edu, no more than 1 click away from home page
Type of links not allowed: Profile, comment, student blog, wiki, and other spam type low quality links are not allowed
Pay: $50 per successful .edu link, paid only after successful placement and verification. NO ADVANCES please.
Link volume: 20 links per month
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Preferably U.S. based
The selected person will be given an order of 10 .edu links to start with.