Enter a reason for deleting this comment
25+ Fun and Creative Ways to Fundraise Your Startup
Hello all! As some of you might know, I've started doing a series on 10 Ways to Fund Your New Startup Idea and Get it Started Up! And in that series, I'll be talking about 10 different startup fund raising ideas from using Crowdfunding & Seedfunding, Angel Investors to Capitalists, Bootstrapping to Lenders, Incubators and more. But in my planning and organising of posts, I've realised that the ways and methods in this series are very all official and serious. But when it comes to raising funds for a startup, there are some truly, awesomely spectacular and fantastic things you can do. Some of those thing so fantastic in fact, (and make for awesome content for the Community FAQ here), I've decided to do a sort of side-series of much more fun and creative ways to fundraise funds! Things to know:
And these will be truly fun and creative ways indeed that should bring a smile to your face just learning about them and thinking about yourself doing them! But more than that! These fun and creative fundraising ideas can be used by ANYONE that is looking to raise some funds for ANYTHING other than your new startup. Where the crowdfunding sites and everything else has failed you, these fun and creative fundraising ideas wont fail you and will be guaranteed money spinners for you. That is, provided you actually do them!
Okay so I've put together about 25 fun and creative fundraising ideas together for you from just brainstorming this today. And I'll do about 3-5 of them per post/series. I don't want to give you them all in one go because I want you to see the new ones each day I post them here! Exclusive for my SEOClerks users!
Are you an entrepreneur with a great idea for a startup but finding it hard to raise funds for it? Or perhaps you are just someone that wants to come up with a way to raise funds or funding for something else altogether? For a charity or some other noble cause or even for some personal goal or project or something. Whatever it's for! But especially more so for a new startup!
And doing these fun and creative things to fund your startup idea can have a lot of benefit for you all round next to getting you some cash. I'll list the benefits to doing them for your business as well as what they are, how you do them and some basic stuff to know to get you doing them too. So let me stop gushing and let the fun fundraising begin!
Tip: You will need a GREAT sense of humour to pull these off!
25+ Fun and Creative Ideal to Fundraise Your Startup
Fun & Creative Fundraising Ideal 1: Take a Bean Bath!
Okay now this probably isn't for everyone. I mean, it involves sitting in a bath full of cold baked beans for a few hours or something. It's not everyone's ideal of "fun". But to some people, it's nothing but fun to watch someone take a bean bath! And people have been known to take bean baths for hours just to raise funds for a good cause. Most Red Nose days are full of some celeb taking a bean bath. And this is something anyone can do and collect funds. You could do it outside of your own house! Just get an old tub, fill it with cheap beans from Tesco and put up a board about why you're doing it and have someone collect donations and tips etc. You could serve refreshments and even have chairs too, proper make a big thing about it and milk it for every bean you're sitting in!
Fun & Creative Fundraising Ideal 2: Go Skydiving
- Would have to be arranged first and set on a specific date between some hours of the day.
- You would need an empty bath and you will need a lot of tins of baked beans!
- You will be sitting in a bath of cold baked beans in just swimwear.
- You could try to set or break a record of "How Long it's Bean"..
- You might not raise much funds depending how well you advertised/hosted the event.
- You can create photos, buzz, content, posts about it on social media etc.
- Will help to create and build buzz about your new startup and help it succeed.
Again, this one probably isn't for everyone. Do you have a fear of heights? Or just think anyone that jumps from a plane for fun is insane? Well there is much method in the madness to going skydiving to raise funds for a startup idea. Much indeed since you can become sponsored by people like other people/businesses etc to do it. That's where they pay you money in exchange for some kudos, some sponsorship from your business/site later on or something. You could even ask your friends, family, colleagues etc to sponsor you too. That should make the landing a bit softer for you!
Things to know:
Fun & Creative Fundraising Ideal 3: Have a Bake Off
- You will have to find a skydiving school online near you.
- You will need to get people to sponsor you to do it first.
- You will actually have to fly up high and jump out of a moving plane.
- You could potentially die from the chute not opening but that's unlikely and part of the buzz!
- This could be turned into great content to help your startup (what I did, a video etc).
So, not all startup ideas are by men, but these first two fundraising ideas might seem more manly like, so I include this one for those female entrepreneurs out there and will throw in some fun and creative fundraising ideas that both men and woman can do. Men can bake cakes too you know!
But this one, having a bake off to raise funds is always a popular method and if done right, can be very successful and always turn a profit. Since hot cakes sell like, well like hot cakes! And if you advertise and hold events somewhere, like even in your home where you have all these fresh cakes sitting around for sale, invited people will rarely leave not holding something. You could sell all of it and chances are with enough hungry people about you will which is why it can be a great money spinner!
Things to know:
- You will need to actually bake a load of different types of cakes and cupcakes and stuff like that.
- You'll be better off if you advertise it and hold the location where they'll be sold somewhere people can get to easily,
- The more people that you put your cakes and bakes in front of, the more people that will be likely to buy them all.
- This will involve some initial outlay at first (buying ingredients etc) but can be profitable and a lot of fun to do.
- This can help your startup to get started up and go on to benefit you later on (show your community side).
- For that reason, holding a bake off can also drum up buzz and support and publicity for your startup idea.
Okay as I said these posts might get a bit long. So I'll do them as a series with about 3-5 fun and creative fundraising ideas in each series. I hope you like these ones for now and that you find them useful and even do them that would be fun!
Do you ever participate in any of these fun and creative fundraising methods?
What others do you know of?
Cheers and enjoy!