Enter a reason for deleting this comment
How to get a lot of comments on Instagram?
Instagram is constantly evolving and the same thing applies for its feed, which apparently isn't chronological as it used to be.
Some posts are very recent while other are posted a few days ago, all this because Instagram is testing and improving its algorithm because most users were missing most of their Instagram feed, the new algorithm implemented in 2016 was designed to show users exactly what they are interested in while hiding certain details they might not be interested in.
So you'll now be thinking what the Instagram's feed has to do with getting more comments on Instagram? Well, let me walk with through it.
Users interactions with your post matter! First of all, if you want to get more comments you need to make sure users are able to see your posts! This means you need to beat Instagram algorithm, how does Instagram rank content in its feed?
- By the number of comments but also the number of likes a post gets.
- By how much interaction that certain user had with your content in the past (this is why it is important to do everything by the book right from the start)
- By how recent your post is.
So, how users interact with the content you are publishing on Instagram matters, and the numerous the interaction the bigger your audience will get therefore you'll get even more engagement.
So here are a few things to consider if you want to increase the number of comments on your Instagram account:
1. Make sure you have a public profile. If people can't follow you right away, they won't going to ask for approval. Make everything visible so they can see your past content and interact with it right from the start.
2. Have Instagram push notification setting enabled for an instant notification when you get new comments? Once you get comments try replying to them as fast as possible, this will only spark a conversation and in result will make your post look more popular, therefore will appear in more of people's feeds.
3. Be interesting, funny and generally post quality content. I'm sure you heard this all before but you won't going to make it with crappy content, that's a fact.
4. Timing is important. Figure out what part of the day is the best for you to post and also figure out how many posts you should create per day. Search for a tool that can help you with all of this, a social media content calendar.
5. Create giveaways and host events. People love free stuff and direct interaction.
6. Ask people to comment. Don't beg, but this is so simple: if you want more comments, just ask!
7. Video. Video. Videos. It's all about video content now! Make sure you post it!
8. Hashtags but use them the right way. By being relevant.
9. Pictures of animals and other cute things will always gain a lot of comments.
This is my tutorial on how to get more comments on Instagram. If you have anything to add please do it in the comments below!