Enter a reason for deleting this comment
How I got 7 interview invites in just one day with LinkedIn
Because I've been building my LinkedIn profile over the last couple of months today I wanted to test and see how good my profile actually is in the eye of potential employers, and not any employers, digital agencies located in the US!
But before we can go into the technical details here are a few of the things I've done obtain a complete and attractive LinkedIn profile:
- Filled up my profile to reach "All Star" strength level - this means I've completed almost every section detailing everything I've done in my professional career from experience details to certification and volunteer work.
- Made sure I got some direct recommendations from my past and current managers, this can be done fairly easy, you just have to ask!
- I've published a LinkedIn article showing off my skills in writing and SEO as well as my sense of humor.
- I've added around 2000 connections, most of them being people in top positions (decision makers).
- Uploaded a good professional looking avatar of me.
- I've implemented a kick-ass professional background that reflects my SEO skills.
- I've changed my LinkedIn Profile URL into a custom one (without the numbers at the end).
After all, this was set and done I wanted to do a little experiment. How many real interview invites could I get in just one day?
So I did the following:
Went to LinkedIn Jobs section:
Set up the keyword as SEO targeting the US. Make sure you sort the results by post date
not by relevance
, you will get the latest job postings and getting your CV submitted first is really important when it comes to getting a fast response and interview invitation.
I ignored the agencies and jobs openings that needed me to leave LinkedIn to submit an application on their own website. Instead look for the once that offer LinkedIn profile applications.
Look for the jobs that have this tiny LinkedIn Apply badge
, it means you can apply with your LinkedIn profile, it literally takes seconds to apply:
Do this for every job position result that interest you and was posted less than two weeks ago.
The result will blow your mind, I was astonished:
7 agencies contacted me for an interview! Unfortunately, I will have to apologize for wasting their time because I'm not located in the US but I glad I've found this trick, it can be applied for any job openings near you without breaking a sweat.