Promoting your content after you finish publishing it!
How do you promote your articles once you finish writing them and you click that "publish" button?
I'm going to share with your guys some of my favorite ways of promoting articles and content in general. Because you also need to promote it, my rule goes like this: if it took you 4 hours to write a good high-quality article then at least double that about of time on promotion!
1. Build an email list and send emails to your readers informing them another quality article was published;
2. Most of the emails you will send won't be opened, so be sure you have a follow-up to remind them, maybe include a snippet of the important things you talked about in that article;
3. Customize your email signature to include a link to your latest posts, this way no matter who you are talking with, you basically promote your latest article.
4. Start conversations of big communities type websites, like: reddit, inbound, growth hackers, boxnutt or bizzsugar;
5. Search for questions online you can answer with your new article. You can do this on active online forums or Q&A websites like Quora;
6. Social media - there isn't much I need to explain here, just make sure your new article is all over the social networks!
7. Publish your link in every profile for every website that allows links in their profiles, never miss such an opportunity, every time you register for something, have a look at their profiles, chances are you have the option to leave a link somewhere.
8. If you have a team or people working for you in one way or the other, tell them to also promote the new article you've written!