Enter a reason for deleting this comment
How to do keyword research for your site - Part 1 (Motivation)
If I ask you to describe your site homepage or a webpage of your site in 3 to 5 words, Can you do it ? No ? Then you are not alone in internet world ! When I was new to SEO, I used to wonder about it too. If your answer to my question was YES, then are you sure that you are using right keywords to describe your article ? I don't think so. I mean, suppose you are planning to write an article on "keyword research" then how do you decide on right title/keywords ? Will you give title as "How do I do keyword research" or "How to do keyword research" or "A tutorial on keyword research" or something else. I'm pretty sure, you might say it doesn't matter, as all of them will get visitors to my site. After this tutorial, your point of view might change and you will do a bit of research before posting something on your site.
Familiar with this kind of situation, were you are confused on choosing right keyword
for your site ? If you said yes, then this is the perfect tutorial for you to read
, understand and implement. Let me discuss more reasons for knowing about keyword research
- Search Box is the King : Most webmaster get more than 60% visitors from a search engine but not all of them. It means, webmasters who thought about right kind of keywords to use in there article get more traffic from search engine.
- Right kind of visitors : It is important to attract right kind of visitors (also known as targeted visitors), who has higher retention rate, but not just visitors ! If you can attract right kind of people then they will come back to your site again and again. So, to attract these kind of visitors you need to do keyword research for your site.
- Finding right keywords : There is more than one way to say something. But only few ways can get your site better SERP position, traffic and earnings. Keyword research gives logical reasoning for choosing specific keywords, rather than going with option of "feels right keywords".
- Competitors : Keyword research also helps you in finding your site competitors. Once you know your competitors, you can always write better articles than your competitor and then have an edge over them.
- Keyword value : When you start R&D on keyword, you will come to know market value for a keyword. Once you know market value of a keyword, you can predict your earnings by posting that article on your site or might sell an article to some popular blog/site. It means keyword research helps you in earning money as well !
- Predict near Future : Once you have done detailed analysis of a keyword, you can predict near future of an article rank in a search engine. I mean, you have analyzed a very popular keyword you will know the amount of effort required to be top 10 for that keyword. Based on it you can decide, if you want to continue with that keyword or use something else. Just imagine, if you didn't researched before writing an article about a keyword then you will always wonder, why is my well written article not getting ranked well in search engine.
There are many reasons
for doing keyword research
, I've listed most important factors
which might motivate
you to do research on keyword before posting random keywords on your site. If I missed any, I welcome you to add points through your post
. I hope after reading motivations, which I shared above, for doing keyword research
, you are determined to do analyze a keyword before using it in your article
Now, I'm sure you might be thinking how do I do keyword research for my site
, right ? To know the answer to this question, you will have to wait for few hours
. I'll be posting part - 2
(the final part of this tutorial) in few hours from now. In part - 2, I'll not dumps tool names (like most tutorial sites do) and leave it for you to understand. I'll explain how to use those tools
through an example
. So, stay tuned to SEO section in Forum of SEOClerks