Write the reason you're deleting this FAQ
Content creation tips: Writing really fast!
Look, I personally know I'm not the best content writers around. And guess what? This is important! Don't get ahead of yourself when it comes to your skills, I'm not saying don't trust your abilities, but never assume you are an expert at something, you will always have something else to learn and there will always be someone better than you!
I remember when I first started working online, offering my services for forum owners that needed content. My written English was terrible! Took me 10 minutes to write 25 words post! But I always persevered and I always did my best - these two aspects are in my opinion the most important part of being a content writer, you don't really need to have native talent (although that helps) you just need to persevere, constantly improving but also (highly important) NEVER submit sloppy work, always do your best (this is the way you keep clients around).
Ok, so we outlined some crucial factors in being a content writer. The next problem you are going to have is writing fast enough to make things profitable.
It doesn't matter how much you are getting paid for your writing, you need to learn to write fast and accurate, time is you biggest enemy, the more time you lose in a day's work, the smaller the paycheck.
So here are my main tips on how to write fast:
1. Discover the period of the day when you mind is the most active and start writing! Personally, I can't really write on afternoons, so I avoid creating content on afternoons, I focus instead on research, noting subjects I want to approach next time.
The best time for me is in the morning, my mind is highly active and I end up doing a lot by noon.
2. Set up a clear time period for you to write in. Don't over do it! I set myself 1 hour at the desk for continues writing, I generally don't move and I avoid any distraction in the period. Once the hour is up, I take a small break and come back to polish my creation.
3. You need to have a desire to write. Don't see it as an obligation or as a choir you need to finish, train yourself to love what you are doing, love to write!
4. Always write content ideas down! Every day I dedicate my time for at least one hour to research, this is when I filter topics and write down future content subjects.
5. Create a content structure for every article. I always split everything into subheadings and just fill the blanks afterward, if you want to write fast you need to have a clear idea where you are heading before you actually start creating the main content.
6. If you write a lot and you just end up running out of ideas is time to take some time off from writing. Let your mind relax.
7. Have a specific ritual set up. Discover what works for you and what makes you productive (coffee, tea, morning workout, etc) and do that every time you start writing. If you don't have any ritual or don't know what works for you, start testing stuff, eventually, you will find the right approach.
8. Stay on track. When doing research don't get lost reading about other topics. Stay loyal to the content and subject you need to finish.
9. There is always a tomorrow. Don't overdue it if you feel you wrote everything there was to write about a specific subject in one day. Wait a day or two and come back with a fresh perspective.
10. WRITE. This is probably the best and most important tip I can give you. If you want to write fast you need to have a lot of practice. The more you write on a daily basis, the more your writing will improve and you will end up writing faster and bigger pieces of content!