Write the reason you're deleting this FAQ
Top 10 Online Marketing Facts All Small Businesses Should Know
If you run a small website or small business, or even if you already own a large and thriving, successful website or business, you will probably need to know of, or already know that, you need to adopt digital marketing today if you want to see better success with your business or website. And by knowing these things, you will know better where to focus your marketing to.
And I wont bore you with too much preamble here! I'll just get right on into it with the marketing facts!
- 1. The average cost to generate a lead with inbound marketing is $143.
- 2. The average cost to generate a lead with outbound marketing is $373.
- 3. SEO leads (such as those generated organically) have a 14.6% close rate.
- 3. Outbound leads (such as direct mail or printed advertising) has a 1.7% close rate.
- 4. 97% of consumers search for local products, services and businesses online.
- 5. 61% of mobile Internet searches result in a purchase. Are you mobile friendly?
- 6. 329 million people real blogs each month. Are any of those readers yours?
- 7. 66% of consumers have made a purchase via an Email Marketing Message.
- 8. 70% of consumers would prefer getting to know a company via articles rather than ads.
- 9. 46% of people say a website's design is the #1 factor for determining the credibility of a business.
- 10. 1/3 of all CMO's interviewed think that digital will account for 75% of spending in the next 5 years.
And that's my top 10 online marketing facts
that all small business owners should know of today! While not an extensive list, I've looked up others and these are probably the most important ones to know of today. And as said, by knowing these things, you can better know where to focus your marketing to today.
For example, knowing how many people read blogs every month should be an inspiring enough reason to be blogging! Any business that wants to attract more clients and customers would be and is wise to be blogging consistently. And knowing how many people that search online using their mobile and how many of them actually convert into a paying customer, there is no reason not to be mobile friendly today and make sure that your business is highly discoverable online.
That can be done through both SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
. The process of building high quality links to your website through all the different places you can that are related to your site as closely as possible. Such as related forums and blogs to your site, guest posts and mentions on sites and portals around the web that match the niche and industry of your site.
And through SMO (Social Media Optimization)
. The process of growing your social media profiles and pages on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, YouTube etc etc.
Did you know about these online marketing facts?
What other interesting online marketing facts do you know of?
Thanks and enjoy!