Enter a reason for deleting this comment
A good website design vs high quality content - Which one is more important?
Everyone knows that both design and content are essential for any website. But which one if more important? On what should you concentrate the most? Having an awesome and impressive design or making sure your content is 10x better than the competition?
I'm sure most of you, especially the content writers here are inclined to believe that content is more important than design. Truth is that a mediocre design can still sell if the design is good enough, but a badly designed web page will never make it, not even with high-quality content!
And when I'm talking about design, I'm not referring strictly to the way it looks:
- I'm also referring to users experience if you make the mistake to place the order button on the wrong side of a page you are essentially screwed.
- Colors are also hugely important, people react and expect certain colors on certain niches.
- The font and the actual way you deliver the content matters a lot. Huge paragraphs on small fonts can make any good content completely useless.
People will choose if they want to order from your website strictly on based on how they interact and feel about your website's design. The actual content doesn't matter if your website doesn't "look" trustworthy.
Some common design elements that may make people to distrust your website:
So let's recapitulate, this is why web design is more important than web content:
- Borning plain design without any elements to catch the eye.
- Complex website structures that will make the user dizzy.
- Small text fonts, this may incline that the website owners have something to hide.
- Lots of ads and pop-ups that annoys the user.
1. People are visual beings. They first see and analyze what is in front of them, they'll read the details later.
2. Users need to know where they are and where they are heading. This is why a perfect and clearly design website structure is essential!
3. Use the right colors! Having the right text and content for the click to action is important, but choosing the right colors in the call to action button is even more important! Having the right colors in your design could mean the difference between a good conversion percentage and a failed project.
4. It needs to look professional and made by professionals. Trust is everything when it comes to online stores and even blogs or another form of websites that deliver only content
So here are my main reasons why I think content is less important than design when it comes to any website on any niche out there. I would love content to actually be "king" and rule over any other aspect of web marketing, but unfortunately, we also need to exercise our creative part and ensure with have the perfect design with a proper user experience.
What do you think? Content or Design? Which is more important for you?