Enter a reason for deleting this comment
The importance of having an active blog on your website
In the beginning, blogs were treated as personal outlets to voice what you had on your mind and were usually treated as a sort of diary that was open to the public. Today blogging is seen as a marketing tactic to pull people in from the search engines to make a sale on their website. Blogging is more of a necessity, not an option, if you want to compete with big corporations who are going for the same keywords you are.
So What Exactly Is A Blog?
In short, a blog is a place where you or someone else can post information about whatever they want. These posts don't have to be business or marketing specific, they could just be what you're feeling or how your day was. Today we see blogs as more of an outlet to talk about what is going on with out websites or what is on the horizon in order to increase activity within our websites and increasing our readers. Blogs tend to be updated frequently, unlike static pages of our websites, and the search engines love this.
Some Statistics About Blogs
Please Optimize Your Blog Posts!
- Blogs typically get more pages indexed because of all the updates/posts. Blogs typically receive around 400% more indexed pages than static websites.
- Roughly 35% of webmasters will tell you that blogs are a great way to do content marketing to bring in traffic from the search engines.
- Blogs will receive around 90% more links due to natural linking because of the posts that are published.
- Around 80% of people who read reviews on a blog trust the information that is posted
- Blogging has been proven to increase your ROI due to the unique content being loved by Google and then sending you traffic.
- Companies who blog are 65% more likely to generate leads through their posts compared to their competitors who do not regularly post content.
Usually when it comes to blogging, companies who don't do it will tell you that they simply don't have the time to do it or they don't have anyone with the knowledge to do so. If the only thing holding you back is lack of knowledge and time, then be sure to outsource your blogging to someone, or a company, who knows what they're doing. Not having an optimized blog will only hurt you when it comes to your overall traffic.
If your competitors are blogging, you should be to! They obviously see the importance of blogging and know that with just one post you could increase your sales for the year by 10%... yes, one blog post could hit the rich button and bring in a good amount of sales. Imagine if you hit 10, 20 or even 30 of these kinds of golden posts? Well, if you're not blogging then you'll never know, right?
If you do plan on outsourcing your blogging to someone, or a company, be sure that they know what they're doing. You don't want someone who speaks Spanish coming in to post on your English website. The content will seem broken up and not clear at all, which is what they search engines don't want. They want your posts to be clear and concise so your users will have a good time on your pages.
Having an active blog on your website has so many benefits compared to just static pages. You can increase your traffic and sales which that's what we're all targeting! If you don't have the time to do it, or don't understand how, then outsource the work to a credible company (just like mine lol) and they can take it from there to get your posts live and pulling in traffic
Remember to follow me!