Write the reason you're deleting this FAQ
What makes a website search engine friendly?
So you're asking "What makes a website search engine friendly?" and I can say that you're in the right place to learn. You website needs to be easily accessible between both the search engines and your visitors. If you can optimize your website for your visitors then Google will in turn love what you're doing because they're all about people being happy when it comes to websites.
When building a website it can be confusing when it comes to making it search engine friendly, but don't worry because I'm here to help as best I can If you don't want to learn, you can always resort to paying a designer and programmer to do what you need done. Now if you go that route you will still need to be able to convey what you want, so I would brush up on my terminology when it comes to web design and programming so there aren't any techy language barriers.
Your content should be easily indexable
When making a website you'll want to have your content in HTML text format. This will result in a better crawl by the search engine bots and spiders in order to you to get indexed properly. Avoid having an all flash website because Google now hates this type of design and will either index your pages wrong or not at all.
Why you should optimize for specific keywords related to your niche.
- Add alt tags to your images in order to help Google understand what your images are about. In fact, alt tags are now a good way to help increase your rankings in the search engines.
- If you do have java or flash parts of your website, be sure to add text to it somehow so it doesn't get overlooked by the search engine spiders.
- Audio and visual aspects such as a video embedded into your pages won't get indexed unless it has a proper title and description added to it. If the page just has a video then Google won't be able to accurately assess what your page is about.
When it comes to making your website, or pages, search engine friendly you will want to optimize each page for specific keywords related to your niche. This is because you will want to show Google what keywords each page is about. If you're not telling Google what the pages are about how do you expect to gain any traffic from their search results?
A few ways to optimize your pages for specific keywords
Making your design responsive (mobile friendly)
- Add your keywords near the beginning of titles, descriptions and content.
- Add your keywords 2 to 3 times per 100 words of content on your pages.
- Add alt tags to your images to show Google what the image is about
- Try and get your keyword into the sub pages URL
- Interlink your pages with keywords that are related to the pages they are linked to.
You'll need to code and program your website in a manner that makes it friendly to mobile devices like smart phones and tablets. With one of Googles recent updates they made it so that websites which are responsive, or mobile friendly, will rank better in the search engine results pages because Google is all about keeping it's visitors happy.
Think about your URLs
When adding a subpage to your website you'll want to think of the the title to the page is going to be. You'll want to keep it under 70 characters in order to have a better chance of ranking for your desired keywords. Now this doesn't mean you can't rank for keywords with a 200 character title, but it's going to be cut down the the maximum amount of characters allowed for Google.
There are a lot of things that you have to do in order to make your website search engine friendly and start pulling in that sweet sweet traffic from Google. You need to do so many things from optimizing your titles and descriptions to adding optimized content and adding alt tags to your images for better chances of ranking. Not only do you have to worry about that, you have to remember that your design has to be responsive. A plain Jane website with 100 high quality backlinks and a responsive one with the same links will rank different since Google now loves mobile friendly designs. So make your design responsive and avoid the headache of struggling to rank.
Remember to follow me