"Words are free. It's how you use them that may cost you." – This is indeed a true saying when it comes to your landing pages. If you are lazy when creating your landing pages then you are surely going to suffer for it. The text on your landing page is very important except it is a video landing page. So, here are some points which you can follow while creating your landing pages-
1) Using an attractive headline-
Headlines are the most important part of the landing pages. This is what attracts the most of the readers. So, be very careful while choosing your title of the landing page. It must be relevant to the products you are offering or the ad's copy which you have displayed (PPC, Facebook Ads etc.). This is a very important part to keep your visitors engaged.
2) Write clearly and don’t bore your visitors with unnecessary details or information which they might not be interested. A landing page is to deliver a clear message and not to show off your writing skills.
? 3) Provide them a clear path to follow-
After providing the necessary information ask them a for a clear call to action to follow so that they can finally complete the action which you want them to do.
4) Write in the Second person-
People only care about how they are going to benefit from your product or service. So, writing in the second person will help you to make that impression on their mind.
5) The length of your article or sale copy-
It depends on the purpose of your landing page. If you are looking to close a sale then I suggest you write a long copy and provide as much details and benefits you can to the reader(customer). But if you are looking to capture emails or sign them up for a newsletter then make it short and clearly to the point.
6) Body of the paragraph-
Use the most important topics at the start of your page logically arranging them in a useful pattern. Try using bullets and numbering if you can. This makes it clear to the reader. People tend to read more the start and end of a paragraph than the middle. So, your ending should be as good as your start to close down the sale. Be logical in your approach and present the important points in a systematic manner.
7) Remove all the unnecessary elements from your landing page like any kind of unnecessary links, navigation bars etc. And always keep your “Act Now” Button visible to the readers.