Enter a reason for deleting this comment
Travel websites can make you a nice income.
Making money online is not easy feat, but if you target the right things you can possibly crack into a good niche. I'm talking about building a website focusing on vacations or travel sites. You can easily get this type of thing set up in a few hours and begin to do SEO and Marketing in order to pull in traffic, but what are the details behind this type of thing?
I'll use Colorado as my example because it's a popular location for tourists in the winter
1) The setup is pretty simple, you basically need a catchy domain name that is short and sweet. You'll want it to be rememberable and easy to type so people can just punch it into the address bar if they want to go directly to your website. Another reason that a short and sweet domain is good is for advertising purposes. You'll want to be able to show your entire domain on an ad instead of getting it cut off, which is annoying.
2) Look for a travel or vacation type theme over at themeforest and buy it. This will normally cost you between $45 and $70 for a decent one. Be sure to get one that works with Wordpress because that's what you'll be running your website through since it's super user friendly and free
3) After you have the domain and your theme, you now need hosting. You can usually use whatever hosting company you want since the majority of them are cool with Wordpress. Get the hosting account set up and install wordpress on it. You'll want to delete the /wp destination so that your theme shows up right on your index (your homepage). If you don't delete /wp then you will see a blank page when you type in your domain name and if you type in domain.com/wp you'll see your theme.
4) After you have your hosting set up, you'll now need to upload your theme. This is pretty simple because all you have to do is go to your wordpress dashboard on the "Theme" section and click "Upload" then choose your theme file. After it uploads, you now have a website up and running. Some themes will remove certain images due to trademark infringement or copyrights, so you'll have to go to step 5 to figure out how to fix this.
5) Go to billionphotos.com and set up an account. This website doesn't have as many stock photos as say shutterstock, but they have enough to get you by for now. Or if you have the bank roll you can go over to something like shutterstock and pay $50 for a few images. I prefer billionphotos because it's much cheaper being at $19 a month for 50 downloads a day or $99 for the year to get 100 downloads a day. So if you pay a little more at billionphotos you can get 36,500 photos for a similar price you could pay at shutterstock and other competitors lmao. Once you get all of the photos you need, customize them and then upload them to where you want.
6) Get some content on your website that is specific to your location, Colorado for example. You'll want to target keywords (without quotes) like, "Colorado vacation homes", "Colorado vacations", "Colorado vacation areas" and so on. By doing this you have a better chance of ranking for these keywords in the SERPs and pulling in a lot of super targeted traffic. Add loads of content, the more you add the better.
7) Monetize Your Pages! You'll need to generate revenue some how from you website, and placing ads on your pages is one of the best ways to do this. You can go with Adsense or BuySellAds, but one of the best ways is to call up a bunch of companies in your area, Colorado, and ask them if they offer affiliates any type of deals or payments to send people to their website(s). Of course you can just go through the website and look for an affiliate program, but sometimes it's not as easy as you think. Go with the best Colorado vacation website, resort, hotel, etc. and start pushing traffic through your affiliate links. If you send enough traffic and clients to the location you're working with, you can sometimes squeeze out a free vacation if you build up enough of a relationship with them lol.
Well that's just a simple guide to what you can do with this kind of idea. People over look it a lot but it has so much potential because you can literally target any location you want, like Colorado. Now you probably won't make much if you're targeting a small town with 25 residents, but at least you'll rank quick for your keywords! lol
Remember to follow me