The most numerous SEO problems young SEOs face daily
Once upon of time the world of SEO was fairly easy, with some quick technical implementation you were able to achieve good positions and outrank a lot of your competitors that had no idea what SEO even was.
In 2016 the SEO world has dramatically changed and because the numerous outdated information on SEO that exists online a lot of young SEO are making huge mistakes, here are some of the most common problems they make:
1. Researching and implementing the wrong keywords. This is crucial, especially for new websites, a lot of young SEO go straight for the keywords that have the most research but are also the hardest to rank for. They ignore long tail keywords with a smaller number of monthly searches that have a lot more potential to rank for.
2. Using too many exact keywords. Their content tends to implement their main keywords excessively and in unnatural ways. This leads to keyword stuffing penalization by Google, results into pages that gain poor positions.
3. The content should not be all about keywords, it should be about the whole topic, in today's Google, we need to produce content that targets an entire subject, not just one keyword.
4. They cheat by copy pasting keyword from other places and not stating the source. You can expect to rank with unoriginal content.
5. They don't implement custom title tags and meta description. This is a huge part of good SEO, I see a lot of websites having this problem, they leave it up to Google to snippet the title tag and meta description.
6. They tend to buy low-quality backlinks and don't focus on obtaining a few but very relevant and strong backlinks that could do a lot more good than a huge number of low-quality backlinks.
7. They have websites that are not mobile-friendly. A responsive design is everything in 2016
8. They don't invest enough time into analyzing their traffic and how users interact with their website. This is a crucial practice for modern SEO, user experience rather you like it or not has become a part of SEO now and figuring out what your website lacks or where the problems are located can only be done be analyzing you traffic analytics.